ABC Accountants is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on the 1stNovember 2012.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- personal and/or business information, including but not restricted to the information required for completion of returns, statements and activities as authorised by you
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
ABC Accountants are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, both online and offline.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Our use of your personal information is strictly confined to the preparation of various returns, reports and statements as authorised by you.
We will not sell, distribute, rent, lease or in any other way share your personal information with a third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but you will always have the opportunity to request that we cease sending you this information..
We pride ourselves on our accuracy, but if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email, us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any questions or requests concerning your personal information, please contact us using our contact page or contact us direct by telephone.
Our disclosure of your information
We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
By way of example (without limiting the foregoing), we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property rights infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- When requested, we will delete a person’s personal information from our database and unsubscribe from any mailing lists.
- We will not rent, trade, sell or otherwise share any personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of all personal information collected is protected and maintained.